• 12 Oz Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
• 6 Oz Balsamic Vinaigrette Marinade (Peter"s)
• 2 Tbs Crazy Jane"s Mixed-Up Seasoning
• 2 Tbs Garlic Salt
• 2 Tbs Coarse Ground Black Pepper
• 2 Tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning
• 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
• 4-5 Oz Cheap Yellow Mustard
Instructions1) Place Tri-Tip in Ziploc Bag with Italian Dressing and Balsamic Marinade for 24 hours (I do this 36 hours before cooking)
2) Take out after 24 hours and pat dry with paper towel.
3) Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl to make a rub. Rub Tri-Tip all over with rub. Generously rub into meat, if you don't have enough just mix some more up.
4) Then cover Tri-Tip generously in mustard.
5) Wrap in plastic wrap for 12-24 hours. Store in refrigerator.
6) Take out of refrigerator 1 hour before you plan to put on grill.Bring temperature of BGE to 450-500 degrees. Put handful of your favorite soaked chips on fire. I like apple and pecan. With lid up, sear lean side for 4-6 minutes. Turn over so fat side is down, sear this side for 4-6 minutes. With lid down then cook fat side down for about 30 minutes, with temperature between 350-450 degrees. When jucies form on top flip so lean side is down and cook until internal temp of Tri-Tip is about 135 degrees. Let rest a few minutes. Slice thin on the diagonal against the grain starting with small tip of triangle. NotesIt tasts best to serve warm, so timing can be important. Leftovers are great for sandwiches.Number of Servings: Time to Prepare: