Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wife says it\'s the best she has ever had!

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 870
edited 8:53PM in EggHead Forum
You know you did good when your wife looks you in the eyes and saying "this is the best meat I have ever had." First time doing Pork chops that is. :blush:

400 dome direct, pulled at 145 with my new Florida Gators Orange Thermapen.

EVOO, Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust.

Done: Just down right juicy.

There are no survivors.

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

• LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    LOL :woohoo: Outstanding looking chops!!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Lookin GOO-OOOD! The Orange thermapens are BY FAR the fastest and most accurate! ;) :laugh:
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Great job!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Dave, those are great & she must love you lots.....have a great evening
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job!!
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    There you go. :)

Egg on dude! ;)
  • I was a little worried about chops because every time I cooked them on the gasser in the past they just were not all that. I watched so many cooks posted and decided to give pork chops a try. Instead of cooking until they looked done as I would do on my gasser, I cook to temp as everyone has said in the past. They turned out great. Thank you everyone for great advice.

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    They look really tasty.

But everybody knows that blue is faster! :P

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,625
    They look delicious!

So sorry about the Thermapen....
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Those look great. Chops on the egg are delicious. I did some myself tonight. There is a recipe in the recipe section for Kentucky bourbon pork. Give it a try. Glad yours came out great.
  • Looks very good, wonderful comment from wife, lots of orange around here... GO GATORS