Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cow Lick Brisket ..... mmmmmmmm

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the DP Cow Lick brisket today. Choice brisket flat from Sams ... only 4 lbs. Refrig the rubbed brisket for 12 hours the straight to a 275 dome (medium egg) for 8 hours. No turning, basteing, spraying or peeking! Fork turned with just a little effort at the end. Into a plastic baggie for a well deserved rest in the cooler for 2 hours. I never checked it with a probe or watched the meat in any way ... the fates must have been watching over that brisket because I'm telling you that was one tasty piece of cow. Sorry I didn't pause to take any pictures ... just too good.
I even invited the neighbors over to try it out! My wife thought it was too spicy, everyone else thought it was great! [p]Hey Nature Boy ... is that a chipolte in that rub?[p]Thanks for the simple and great recipe on the label. You might just hear about that again in Carmel![p]Doug

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Smoked Signals ,
    Sounds like one of the half flats that Sam's seems to only carry now.[p]Anyone know if costco has the whole briskets with the points, or at least the whole flat?

• Unknown
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Costco just had the flats, I did one this weekend as well. Did not turn out as good.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mornin Doug
    Very glad you enjoyed Qfan's concoction on that brisket. We are partial to it on brisket ourselves. There are quite a few different types of peppers in Cow Lick, and Chipotle (actually Smoked Moritas) is one of them.[p]Good luck in Carmel!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    My wife thought it was too spicy for BBQ (could be cause I layered on 2x and let it sit so long). I thought it was fantasic .. sweet and spicy. Nice lasting taste. I think it really enhanced the beef flavors as well. More like BBQ'd steak. I used applewood for the smoke. Before I cooked it I would have thought all that sugar would have been overpowering but I am a believer now.[p]Neighbors loved it too ... they were all askin how I cooked it and where the new taste came from. (they have had my brisket before) I couldn't take credit for the taste so I showed everyone the bottle. Maybe you will see some action from my neighbors....[p]Doug [p]Doug