Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Night Tri-Tips

transversaltransversal Posts: 719
edited 10:25PM in EggHead Forum
I'm eating way too much red meat, but these things come out so good and are priced so right, I just can't pass'em up.

Before the cook.....
IMG-20110730-00053.jpg

Preppin'.......
IMG-20110730-00054.jpg

Sea Salt & Cow Lick......
IMG-20110730-00055.jpg

3-4 minutes sear on the CIG & CGS Spider.....
Then raised on the AR to finish off to 135* internal..
IMG-20110730-00056.jpg
Killer!! Thanks for lookin'.
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Those things seem to be all the rage lately.I cannot find them around here anywhere. :( Yours look GREAT.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Love me some tri tip, looks good.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,345
    Not that is a one nice cook.
    Whatever is left over slice real thin, hot pan to warm and then place on 2 warm corn tortillas with little sliced tomato, onions and jalpenos. yum yum yum..That is if you had any leftover :laugh:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Hoss, I'm waiting for the price to soar on these things, just like it did on brisket. They are so economical......and every bit as good as a strip. Very tasty and wqell textured. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $5 a pound hereabouts, which isn't bad when compared to what you pay for strips.
    ·
    Would you believe that none was left over?? And, a HUGE creole tomatoe salad to go with it. I ate like there was no tomorrow.

And Joan.......I didn't even have to crank up the John Deere or break out the tow chains!!
    ·
    They actually got "discovered" in California, as I understand it. Getting more popular all the time. Bobby Flay was cooking them on the cooking channel show this morning. I'm not really a big fan of his.....too much fru-fru for me......but he did keep the grilling of the Tri-Tips pretty basic......which, IMHO, is the only way to cook'em.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,108
    I love tri-tips, and yours look mighty fine!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That looks very tasty. Love tri tip on the egg. Moist and full of flavor. Thanks now I'm hungry
    ·
    Well, thank all of ya for the kind words. They're an easy cook and really high on the flavor.
    ·
    Hey Scott, yall seeing any signes of fall yet?? Between the rain and heat down here, it feels like we'll never see cooler dry weather.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I would LOVE to try em.
    ·