Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Meatloaf (pic heavy)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided it was time to take a crack at Smoked Meatloaf. I found Alton Brown's recipe for "Good Eats Meatloaf" and went with that one:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html

I did it a little different and did not add the red bell peppers, and I also used a Beef / Pork mixture for the meat.

Started it off by grinding up some Butter Garlic Croutons in the Food Processor along with Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Chili Powder and Thyme.

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

Then the Veggies...

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

Like I said earlier, I used this for the meat...

IMG_2867.jpg

Got the Meatloaf to shape, and threw it on the Egg at 325 deg f. Used Alder Wood for smoke...

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

I let that go for awhile to soak up some smoke, before adding the Glaze.

IMG_2876.jpg

The Glaze consisted of Ketchup, Cumin, Hot Sauce, Worchestershire and Honey.

IMG_2877.jpg

Let that go until the internal temperature registered 160 deg f.

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

While I was taking the Meatloaf off the Egg, my wife was checkin' out my booty... B) She managed to snap a shot of me from behind, so you guys could see me sporting my GA Mountain Eggfest T-shirt. ;)

IMG_2885.jpg

Here is dinner...check out the smoke ring....

IMG_2893.jpg

Served with some Broccoli Salad and Diced Potatoes and Onions...

IMG_2887.jpg

This was one tasty recipe! Can't wait to have a leftover sandwich for lunch tomorrow. :)

Comments