Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

mastermind behind the new/upgraded forum?

CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,848
edited 1:35PM in EggHead Forum

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Oh boy, marketing, marketing, marketing. :sick:
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 541
    no wonder the price of the eggs went up...
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    You do realize that is what this forum does right??? It markets the product to other users and potential customers...a large portion of sales comes from this forum... :) ;) and yes it is about marketing...
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    B) ;) :) :laugh:
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    And with this new corporate mindset, they will continue to rise.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I agree, Kim...but we are friendly, happy endorsers of the Egg. :)
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,848
    and we work for fumes :P
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 541
    and we hope they do.. since this is the best product on the market..we need to convert all the grill and gas guys to come on over to the bright side... B) :woohoo:
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Why mess with a good thing? As an Accounting major, that always leads to trouble!

Raleigh, NC

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    It's all good.Let's just ALL buy in when they pop the IPO! :laugh: ;)
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 986
    hey they have a business to run. It may be our hobby and passion,it is their company that many families and investers depend on to provde a paycheck.

The owners have to have a certain return on investment and growth in the company to justify the purchase of the company.

Bookings and sales must increase for this to happen. In this information driven, immediate knowledge world, companies must either change or go away.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different outcome.

The only way to grow at a faster rate is to change.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Agreed. I just hope it is not run "into the ground" as a lot of businesses are when they are transferred to others(not original owners) that only have a view of the "bottom line". ;) No harm or foul here,just sayin.I love my egg and will support them anyway I can.To a point. :)
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    and crumbs! :laugh:
  • BucketheadBuckethead Posts: 285
    Normal behavior is resistance to change. If change isn't made regularly business goes by the way of Border's, Blockbuster, and 8 track tapes. I really don't think bottled water will catch on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    That article popped up a few days ago, when I was playing around with Google+. Since it was already several days old at the time, I figured someone had already posted it here.

Pretty enlightening, no?
  • If anyone knows the agony of seeing something good ruined by greed and stupidity, it's a Dodger's fan.
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    My dad started his career at Howard Johnson' out when the son took over before the ship went down....

It's always a good reminder.