Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp and fish

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
F.aith - I was trying to channel you and your expertise in seafood cooking tonight.

Spent the week down on the coast in Corpus, but didn't get enough seafood while we were there. Plus, its a healthy dinner. So on the menu tonight was some tilapia and shrimp. The fish got some s&p, some lemon pepper and mine had some Swamp Venom. Stacie came up with some sauce that she wanted to cook the shrimp in. Got the egg settled down at 400 and got started.

Ingredients ready to go on

P1020820.jpg

Sauce getting happy on the egg. I like to use that grate in the picture because fish has less of a tendency to stick to it, easier to flip.

P1020821.jpg

Fish and shrimp on

P1020824.jpg

Here it is plated up with some polenta. There was also a salad on the side that did not get photo'd

P1020826.jpg

It all came out pretty good, but I could have done with out the sauce. Didn't really add that much to the flavor and it added more fat that really wasn't needed.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    what kind of sauce was it?

The tilapia looks good.
  • Griffin
    Options
    Was a simple sauce. I think it was butter, olive oil, some onions, garlic, thyme and lemon juice. I did sneak in some red pepper flakes when she wasn't looking, tho. Shhh....don't tell her that. :)

Rowlett, Texas

• RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    Nice cook. The shrimp look delicious. Great idea with the grate. I have cooked fish direct on the grate, and it was a pain getting it off, even with a fish spatula.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• egguitarist
    Options
    Looks great. I fish the Texas coast quite a bit so eat lots of fish. A sauce idea for ya. Saute some onions and garlic in a deep pan with a little oil and add one or two cans of Campbell's cream of shrimp soup. Add a smidgen of cheese and butter, a package of frozen shrimp{popcorn size}, and s&p to taste-
  • Griffin
    Options
    I just might try that. Is there a cheese you recommend? And when you say popcorn shrimp, you are just referring to the size, right? Not the battered kind that you would fry up?

Rowlett, Texas

• egguitarist
    Options
    referring to size by popcorn-cheese, provolone or my wife adds some cheese she brings from Mexico,half the time I don't put any, thickens thins up a bit if u add a little. It's a great sauce though, use it on balackened trout or reds on the half shell, there's never any left :)
  • Griffin
    Options
    Thanks. That's what I figured. Will have to try that next time.

Rowlett, Texas