Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE on Good Eats

locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just saw the Big Green Egg on Good Eat. Show was about pork chops. however Alton was grilling on propane, and the dealer had the BGE in the background anyway. Alton, why would you use propane, when you had a BGE so close!!! ;-)

Comments

• locolongball, Obviously massive contribution from the "Web..." comany. Any way, he pointed out the 'covered' egg for all to see.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    locolongball,
    I discussed this with him. He thinks ceramic cookers like the Egg are too expensive. I think he likes to make things out of inexpensive oddball materials too much. The flower pot smoker was fun, but get real. I wonder how much that gasser he used in the pork chop show really cost. He said he got it on eBay for $150. I don't think so. I love the man, but he has some really screwed up priorities. He'll spend $150 on a chef's knife, but won't spend $300 on a small Egg that would cook circles around the flower pot, not to mention it is safer, easier to use, and will last forever vs. a couple of years for the flower pot? I even pointed out that a ceramic cooker is the ultimate multi-tasker, but he said and I quote "That's too much money just for something to cook on." Well, I think $150 is too much money just for something to cut stuff up with. Oh well, we must overlook this one flaw of his, LOL.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz, I laughed when I saw you mention the flower pot smoker. I went to deliver an egg last summer and the guy had the flower pot smoker on his deck. He had seen it on the show and tried it. He said it actually worked and that was the reason he bought an egg. Go figure.

• Buttman
    Buttman Posts: 17
    I have met Alton and that is exactly what he said to me. "Sure is a lot of money to spend on a flower pot" We spent 20 minutes talking about pizza cooking and the Egg. Hoping I rubbed off on him a bit.