Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I have these

cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited 6:29AM in EggHead Forum
leeks and onion. One more onion in the fridge. I don't have taters for potato leek soup. So I'm thinking creamed leek and onions.
Anyone have a recipe that they like? Any other ideas?
I thank you.

72411008.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,848
    Molly, I have a very good potato/leek recipe, but you're gonna have to go to the store! :laugh: I like this a lot!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Leek-and-Potato-Soup-1922

Here's another from the same site (that I have NOT tried), but even it wants one small potato.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Creamy-Leek-Soup-238442

Long list of ingredients for this one... so who's gonna miss one lousy small potato? :)

Good luck!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks Michael. I think I'll save them for next weekend and just eat meat for dinner. :laugh:
    Pics to follow.
    Saving the links.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,848
    u sound like the poolman! except he would never have bought veggies in the first place! hahaha

Really, I loved that first recipe. Only cooked it once (so far), but it was VERY tasty!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,565
    If you do want to use them before getting 'taters, try this. Sauteé in bacon drippings instead of butter. Then mush some soft beans (canellini or butter beans.) and add to the soup for a little more body.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I like that idea! Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"