Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

red pepper sauce

smokesignal
smokesignal Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could someone please tell me were I can find a good red pepper sauce(vinger base)recipe?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    smoke signal,
    elder wards pulled pork dialog has one, i usually simmer mine for 20 min, but his directions dont call for it. you can easily modify it with garlic lime juice oils etc, its a good base

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wingnut
    Wingnut Posts: 26
    smoke signal,
    I have a few on my site.
    Growing up in eastern NC, I think the vinegar based sauces rule! Link below...

[ul][li]Jody's Garage BBQ Sauces[/ul]
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    wingnut, Thanks for the link. I'm from NC and miss that vinegar based sauce. I order a case of Scotts about once a year. The Georges brand of sauce is good too, but it's the catsup based. I usually mix the two together in my pulled pork when I heat it up. Just like back home.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    wingnut,
    nice site, saved to favorites, thanks

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wingnut
    Wingnut Posts: 26
    sigmore,
    Yeah I got addicted to Scott's in college.
    "The Best Ye Ever Tasted".
    Did you hear about the guy that broke into the restaurant where it's made and when the cops came, they found the guy hiding in a vat of the stuff- eyes waterin' and choking! When the owner came, they asked if he wanted to press charges and he said "Let him go. He's already been punished". I can imagine, too, because that stuff is strong! I grew up just 5 miles from where they make George's. I love the stuff. Yes it has a little catsup, but not enough to change the water-like consistency. I haven't tried mixing the two, but will next time. Thanks for the tip-
    Jody

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    wingnut, I had the pleasure to meet Scott at his BBQ place in Goldsboro NC. Was upgrading some textile machinery and ate there a bunch of times while I was there. That was in my younger days though. Had some pictures of some presidents that he had catered to hanging in his restaurant. They cooked it out back in pits. Wood piled everywhere. Don't get me started. 8^/

• sigmore,scotts sauce is what I was using but the shiping cost does add up.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    smoke signal,[p]Here is a list to you might want to cruise through.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    [ul][li]Pepper Fool[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery