Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Chicken Do

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to wait till I could test it a second time... Awhile back I asked for opinions regarding Alton Brown's ham prep: mustard, brown sugar, bourbon and ginger snap crumbs. That time I set up chicken thighs, skin on, and substituted mango rum for the bourbon. They were delicious![p]I just finished boneless skinless chicken breasts, set up the same way. This time, however, I used "Squirt" (carbonated citrus soda) in place of the whiskey and the result is equally satisfying. Lacking the skin that was on the thighs, the breasts don't have a nice crunch to them, but the aroma and taste is heavenly. As to cook time and temp, I placed them on squares of foil and cooked direct at 330 or thereabouts, for about 40 minutes.[p]Ken

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Wow. Sounds delicious! I'll bet that if you did them direct on a raised grid w/o the foil, they'd have some crunch, even without the skin. I'll give it a try...I am partial to boneless skinless thighs over breasts, which are less forgiving. Okay, let the jokes begin...
    Cheers,
    G.