Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bets on what I'll get at the butcher tomorrow?

Options
Rezen73
Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday, I popped into my local butcher, and requested the top half of a pork shoulder, bone-in, in preparation for my first cook with the brand new Stoker! :D Really looking forward to trying it out. It's almost "easy mode" cooking... hehe

Anyway, he merrily runs to the walk-in cooler, and pulls out an entire pork shoulder, which looked FAR larger than any pork shoulder I've ever seen (and I'm from Texas), and said "you want the butt?"

"Yep!"

He then motions along what appeared to be some ribs and the the loin... but it couldn't have been, could it? I mean, I could see the hoof, the picnic... but there it was, the top looked like a few spare ribs and part of a loin.

Methinks I'll be getting not only the boston butt, "butt" also some of the loin and a few spare ribs, too!

So, think this Scottish butcher will just chop off the top half and give me everything? or just the butt part?

I asked him to have it ready for me Saturday morning, and he readily agreed. So tune in tomorrow to find out! hehe

Comments