Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To All Egg People

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read this forum almost every day but I think this is the first time I have ever posted. You folks have a real passion for cooking and I love reading about it and seeing the pictures. On the competition BBQ circuit I have run across a few green teams and I wanted to tell you what great ambassador's of Egg cooking the Dizzy Pigs and Free Range teams are. Not only are they nice Guys, they are great cooks. I want to publicly congratulate both teams for a great weekend in Maryland.[p]Rich Decker

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Lost Nation,
    Hey, thanks Rich, that's very kind. I know I'm speaking for the other guys as well when I say that when the list of competitors is released for each competition we're planning to do, one of the first names we look for is Lost Nation. Not just because we are looking for friends on the list, but also to see how many of the top ranking cooks on the circuit are competing. Needless to say, Lost Nation qualifies on both counts!
    Gentleman Jack's to ya!
    Qfan

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Lost Nation,
    sorry i missed meeting you in waldorf (i'm with the free range boys, but couldn't make this one). ...you need to come join us at an eggfest sometime....thats where the real fun is. ..no competing, just a whole bunch of eggheads cooking and sharing. . .come on down to waldorf on may 14th for a good time. ..link to the info is at the top of the forum page. ..

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Lost Nation,
    That is an extremely gracious endorsement and one that I'm certain all Eggers will really appreciate. There truly are some wonderful examples of the human spirit that post here.[p]Thanks for your kind words. You're always welcome here.[p]Mike

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    28RichLostNation.jpg
    <p />Wow, thanks Rich.
    Such a treat to read your post....especially when you think about the stupid metal/ceramic wars 5 or 6 years ago. I don't miss that time at all, and folks like you have been instrumental in closing that gap. [p]You are a genuinely good fellow, and I definitely echo Qfan that the feelings are mixed when we see Lost Nation is coming. Always enjoy hangin with you, but would prefer NOT to have to compete against you. LOL. You got that big ol' cooker hummin' like a good tune, and a helluva lineup of trophies to show for it. [p]Look forward to the next time. A hearty congrats to you all as well on that 1st in brisket and your top ten finish. Thanks again for the kind words. [p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • aka mr. Earl
    Options
    Lost Nation,[p]We Egg People of Earth invite you to assimilate. Join Us. Work with Us. Be or Us. Or else. Resistance is.... well, don't resist anymore. [p]BTW, there's rumors out there that those nice bottles of Grand Dad's whatever you handed out wre lost nation's secret weapon. If all had gone as planned, the Dizzy Pig and Free Range crews would never have handed in their boxes, 'cause they would have eaten them, lost them or something. Is any of this true.
  • Buttman
    Buttman Posts: 17
    Options
    Lost Nation,[p]Now that is what BBQ is all about. Great post and follow-ons! Best wishes to winning some more trophys!
  • Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    Lost Nation,[p]I first met Chris, Woodoggies and the others at the American Royal back in October. Since then I've talked with both Chris and Woo on the telephone and it seems like we've been good friends for ever. Woo even spent time with me trying to teach me a little photography. Dizzy Pig is one of my favorite barbeque teams, just wish they didn't live on the edge of the country.[p]Rick

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    RichesRock.jpg
    <p />Jeez Rich, you sure know how to make an entrance... don't you?
    Thank you for those really nice words.... this forum IS a great group of people.
    And Qfan responded more eloquently than I ever could.... so, what he said. :~)[p]Now that everyone's heads are all bloated like, here's a photo of that rock you requested a few days back.... and a bonus shot of a very dirty but happy pig who so happens to be a good neighbor of ours.
    DirtyPig.jpg
    I'll work on getting you a shot of that stick you wanted..... but you know these things take time.[p]Cheers Pal,
    John

• The Virginian
    Options
    Lost Nation,
    I think a medium or large BGE would look mighty fine on the end of your stickburner rig, there Rich! (One of us, one of us, one of us). Thanks again for the good breakfast on Saturday, it really hit the spot. [p]See you up in Windsor in a few months. My older daughter will be joining the team for that one again (she is an expert box preparer, and I am going to put her in charge of the sausage entry this year). I think we are going to hang around for the grilling contest as well. [p]Brett

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Lost Nation,[p]I've read this post several times because it is nice to sip a cup of coffee and read about how wonderful we are. Every morning should start like this![p]mShark
  • Thanks for the kind words back at me and I'll try to respond to some of the post's. Max we've met somewhere, I think I have pictures of you on my website. (www.lostnationvt.com) Brett, I am looking forward to Harpoon. I think you guys grilling will show the true versatility of your Eggs. And to the Pigs, I proudly wore my Dizzy Pig tee shirt home with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.[p]Rich Decker

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    that pig pic had me laughing out loud - even wifey and my daughter were cracking up. That is so typical of a pig - a happy mess. Have a good day! Joe