Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good in Louisiana?

JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
edited 10:01PM in EggHead Forum
Can you find Wicked Good charcoal for sale in Louisiana? Preferably Baton Rouge, New orleans, or Lafayette area?
·

Comments

• doubleapexdoubleapex Posts: 61
    i think wicked good's website will let you search for the closest dealer
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    I've never seen it in Louisiana, Jeff.
    ·
  • Thanks to billyray in another posting, I called my local Ace Hardware in Baton Rouge, and they are ordering me some Wicked Good lump charcoal.  The store I ordered it from is Brothers Ace Hardware on Millerville Rd.  (225) 753-6183.  I'm hoping that if enough people order it, he'll start to stock it. Price is $19.99 for 22 lbs.
    ·
  • pabpab Posts: 95
    That's a good price. Here in Ohio the only distributor charges $22. Be prepared for lump that looks a bit different from most in that it comes from trees and not lumber scrap. Lighting it can prove a challenge, but both the 91% alcohol method or the high que grate lighting from the bottom have proven successful for me. Of course there is always the MAPP tourch option
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
    ·
  • TigerRVerTigerRVer Posts: 27
    The Ace on Millerville is stocking some Wicked Good. I picked up my 5 bag order today.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Just started using Wicked Good - HUGE pieces falling out of the bag.   No problems lighting though.   Love it.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·