Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Time issue for Baby Backs

BucketheadBuckethead Posts: 285
edited 11:43PM in EggHead Forum
I normally cook baby backs 3-1-1. I have a timing issue and will only have 4 hours. Has anyone tried a quicker method that has been ultra successful? Thanks for your suggestions.
Doug

Comments

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    2 hour cook. ;) Dome 350, indirect setup raised grid. 30 min bones down, 30 min bones up. Then foil ribs, damper down the fire to 300 as you cook in the foil 30 min. Remove foil from ribs, remove indirect setup and grill direct on raise grid. Brush on a sauce if you want wet ribs, crisp up for about 30 more minutes flipping to prevent burning. Dome temp will rise automatically without indirect setup to around 325-350.
    Have fun and enjoy!
    BGEMothersdayribs0009.jpg

BGEMothersdayribs0016.jpg
  • BucketheadBuckethead Posts: 285
    Perfect, thanks.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

That sounds/looks like a keeper Clay, I have book marked that and will give it a try some day. Thanks for sharing. :)

Blair

• Excited to hear and try your spare method
    Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    This method is NOT for spares, it's for *baby backs.