Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

For Fred

Desert Oasis WomanDesert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited 1:44AM in EggHead Forum
My friend Fred, who bought his BGE because he loved eating at the Desert Oasis so much, died May 2 after a brief (sure seemed long at the time) illness.
His Large BGE has not been touched since late March.

His widow doesn't want to use it, but is waiting a year before disposing of anything. Would love to see his daughter in California and her husband catch the Egg Fever.

Time for a clean burn and a clean out. :(
Ku and I are headed over there now to do the Good Egg Deed.

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Are you cooking on it also Kari?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Sorry to hear that Kari.

Doug
  • No
    Don't really know how goopy it might be after 3 - 4 months......
  • Thanks Doug.
    Fred wanted to go to an Eggfest...
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,562
    That is so nice of you. You are always so thoughtful of others. I know she appreciates the gesture....good karma will follow you.
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Sorry for your loss Kari & Jon.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I taught her everything I know Judy. She is a good grasshopper. :laugh: :silly: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Very nice indeed Kari.

Kent
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    Very sad. Sorry to hear that.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    So sorry to hear the sad news, condolences to the widow. Nice of you to go help out and give help her out.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    So sorry for your loss. A very kind thing for you to do - will hope with you that the daughter catches egg fever. :)
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    I'm sorry to hear it, your doing a nice thing