Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aebleskivers For Breakfast

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like to try making things as simple as possible for when we're cooking at Eggfests. No use complicating things up any more than they are.

So this morning I decided to make some blueberry aebleskivers. We have some nice fresh but frozen blueberries so it seemed easy enough.

I also had a small "just add water and shake" pancake mix.

And I have my aebleskiver pan.

So I kicked up the pancake mix with some sugar, vegetable oil and an egg, then brought it together with enough water to make it easy to pour. Shook it good and started pouring a little batter into the hot aebleskiver.

Then I added some blueberries on top and then poured more batter over that.

It only takes about a minute or less before you roll the aebleskivers over to cook the tops, then they're done.

BlueberryAebleskivers75-23-10640-480.jpg

(photo is from when I cooked some on the Egg)

Really tasty.

Then I thought I would try the same thing with some breakfast sausage links in the center. I just cut off a button-size piece for each aebleskiver. These were REALLY good.

The only thing I forgot to do from last time was to use real butter instead of Pam to oil the pan. Real butter makes 'em crispy and much better tasting.

You campers would probably enjoy having an aebleskiver pan. It fits well on a mini Egg (open dome). I cooked inside today because it is already muggy hot outside.

Sorry about not taking pictures this time.

Spring "Freshley Aebleskivered" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments