Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable Rig?

mimaulermimauler Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I own an XL would the adjustable rig be the best way to go for added cooking space. From what I can tell you also need to buy the cooking grids for the different levels is that true? Thanks all!
·

Comments

• I have an adjustable rig for my large and I like it. Seems like the best way to add space and versatility to the egg. It does get expensive though as you start adding components, they have a starter set type set up that includes most of what you need but you may need to add a new grate to that (I don't remember exactly what was included in my set and what I added separately ... go to the website that sells it and they explain it pretty well).
    ·
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    I have an adjustable rig for my large and would definitely recommend it for getting more space or getting your food higher in the egg.
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Tom offers a package that will give you the essentials you need to increase both the flexibility and capacity of your Egg. Give him a call....tell him you have a budget and he'll put together the package that suits your needs and your budget. You'll probably only buy it once, in that the gear is really well made.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Do what transversal says! :) :)
    ·
  • purcelljpurcellj Posts: 44
    I went with the Woo3 and I'm very happy.
    ·
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Pay a little more and get the adjustable rig over the woo. It is a lot more versatile. A friend of mind got the Woo and likes it, but regrets not getting the adj. rig.
    ·