Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable Rig?

mimaulermimauler Posts: 122
edited 8:29AM in EggHead Forum
I own an XL would the adjustable rig be the best way to go for added cooking space. From what I can tell you also need to buy the cooking grids for the different levels is that true? Thanks all!
·

Comments

• I have an adjustable rig for my large and I like it. Seems like the best way to add space and versatility to the egg. It does get expensive though as you start adding components, they have a starter set type set up that includes most of what you need but you may need to add a new grate to that (I don't remember exactly what was included in my set and what I added separately ... go to the website that sells it and they explain it pretty well).
    ·
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    I have an adjustable rig for my large and would definitely recommend it for getting more space or getting your food higher in the egg.
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Tom offers a package that will give you the essentials you need to increase both the flexibility and capacity of your Egg. Give him a call....tell him you have a budget and he'll put together the package that suits your needs and your budget. You'll probably only buy it once, in that the gear is really well made.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Do what transversal says! :) :)
    ·
  • purcelljpurcellj Posts: 44
    I went with the Woo3 and I'm very happy.
    ·
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Pay a little more and get the adjustable rig over the woo. It is a lot more versatile. A friend of mind got the Woo and likes it, but regrets not getting the adj. rig.
    ·