Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spatchcock or Drunk

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2nd weekend with the egg! Inlaws coming over tomorrow, looking for suggestions on doing the spatchcock chicken or drunk chicken. I have done the drunk chicken on another smoker before but have not done a spatchcock yet. Thanks for any sugestions, have a great weekend.

Comments

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Tjeffer,
    I have not done a Drunk Chicken yet but I have made a Spatchcock chicken and it is easy and tastes great. Everyone that I have served it too always comments on it (all good naturally). Below is a link to the Naked Whiz's recipe for it. Let us know how and what you made and don't forget to take pictures.[p]John

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm[/ul]
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Tjeffer,
    definitely spatchcock a chicken (or two).
    watch the internal temp, cook it to a done
    breast, and you'll have the best, most moist
    grilled chicked possible. cover or rub with
    your choice of spices.
    good luck
    HS

• Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    Tjeffer,[p]get along with the in-laws........[p]Twere it me, I'd go with what I was familiar with. Perhaps trying the spatchcock when you are not having guest over for dinner. Just what I'd do anyway. Good luck with whatever you chose to do.[p]Rick
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    Retired Railroader ,[p]Yessir! If Tjeffer can't Egg a great spatchcocked chickie after reading that, he'll just have to keep on trying.[p]Great article, Whiz.[p]BOB
    [ul][li]How juicy is Spatchcocked Chickie?[/ul]
  • IndianaJames
    Options
    Tjeffer,
    I used to do only the drunk on gas grills, then started using the egg in Dec and tried the spatchcock. Like it better, just as juicy, a little faster on the time element. However, still do the beer can when cooking on the small, as it leaves room for me to do more veggies, or our favorite, BBQ'd cabbage![p]

• tn slagamater
    Options
    IndianaJames,could you share what BBQ'd cabbage recipe you like ? Sounds like something good.