Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pulled beef

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anybody give me some idea as to what temperature I should take 2 large chuck roasts off the egg for pulled beef? Any suggestions would appreciated.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    BajaTom, Clay Q posted his "how to" along with pictures that aren't coming up right now - but here is a good read!

[ul][li]Clay Q pulled beef recipe[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    10c40707.jpg
    <p />BajaTom,[p]Pulled chuck needs a little extra help to avoid a dry finished product. I season them with rub, use an indirect setup and barbecue temps (220° to 240°) at the grate until the internal is around 160° or 170°. After removing I pressure cook for 40 minutes using beef broth and apple juce as the liquid. After degreasing the broth, some of it is returned to the shreaded meat. Any sauce is added on the side when serving.[p]Search the archives about a month ago for posts on this topic by Old Dave. He had a proven technique using a foil wrap with sweet liquids following his smoke. I recall he used the same cook temp after wrapping in the foil until he got to his desired internal temp. His pictures looked good.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery