Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blueberry Chipotle

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from my run at Costco. For the second time I considered picking up a jar of blueberry Chipotle sauce. Any feed back on this stuff. For some reason, it almost twice the price for the same size/manufacturer for the raspberry stuff. thanks Tom

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]I've tried it on brie, but not on anything I would normally cook. I can't imagine blueberry on pork loin. Not sure why. Can't imagine it on chicken either. Maybe someone else has some good ideas for it.[p]mShark
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    mollyshark or anyone, I just prepared (mustard and DP) two butts for my first attempt at pulled pork. The Costco butcher called them butts, so my question is .....Are butts suppose to be one solid piece of meat or do they come cut and ragged looking. My two are boneless and ragged looking, almost looks like I need to tie them. Thanks Tom

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    if the bone has been yanked (and i think most folks prefer the bone be left in), then yes, it will be kinda ragged looking, and i think i'd go ahead and tie it up nice and tight. . all IMHO . . HTH

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Costco only has boneless butts. And yes they are quite ragged looking.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    gotcha. .i've never bought butts at costco. ..my safeway usually has nice ones. ..and while the ones in the meat counter are usually halved (around 4 pounds), if i ask, they pull me whole one in the 8 - 9 pound range. . . w/ bone in. . .

• Sandbagger
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, How about smoking them for an hour or two and then lassoing them varmints. Or is that too much a hassle for too litle result? Tom

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    just my opinion here, and there are much more experienced pulled pork folks than me for sure. ..but if i had that de-boned raggedy puppy of yours, i think i'd tie it nice and tight, then inject it with something like a 50/50 mix of apple juice/cider vinager mixed with some of the rub i was using on the meat. ..then smoke it in the normal fashion. ..i think it would be a pain to smoke it some firt, then tie it up. ..i'd be more worried about drying it out than the extra smoke benefit. ..HTH

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    mollyshark,
    ive had it on duck before and it wasnt half bad. it was in a resteraunt and the sauce was good, however the guy that cooked the duck did not cook it proper. greasiest roast duck ive ever had

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    ive just put them ragged side down and tucked the loose ends under the main part. worked out fine. put some rub in where the bone was

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it