Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

America\'s Test Kitchen: Smokers Video

FockerFocker Posts: 1,641
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Brandon
Quad Cities

·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I cooked on a Webber Smokey Mountain for years before getting an Egg, I can tell you for a fact which one cooks the drier food, even with a water pan. -RP
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    LAWDAMERCEY! Bless their hearts. :S
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I must concur.I still have 2.A 18 and a 22.Still use them some.An Egg,they are NOT! ;)
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,641
    AZRP,
    We all (should)know about the water pan debate.

Bark and smoke ring formation is another?
    With the BGE, I struggle with consistency.
    I prefer the traditional BBQ meteorite bark.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Make me wonder about skill in the kitchen! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    They never tested their SM model in 32* weather with a wind. The only wind I heard was their analysis.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Yeah, I saw that on tv a few weekends ago and just shook my head. I normally like their reviews but they sure missed the mark on that one. Plus, they were reviewing the Egg ONLY for it's smoker qualities in that so they were totally disregarding it's other attributes. Not quite an informed review.
    ·