Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time smokin' butts!

lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 199
edited 8:58PM in EggHead Forum
Just finished pulling 15 lbs of pork butts, sitting back with a cold Batch 19 to celebrate!

14.5 hours (finished at 190 internal) on the egg at about 225-240, and the BGE worked like a charm. Sure beats the old Brinkman SnP. Plenty of charcoal left for the next cook. In the SnP I would have used a whole 20lb bag of Grove.

Looking forward to the sandwiches, tacos, and enchiladas that will soon be the new home for the pork.

I'm about 2 months into my BGE, and I love this thing, nothing better for brats! (I'm a 20 minute drive from Johnsonville so I KNOW my brats). Next big event will be a brisket, and I can't wait!

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG to by an Egg?
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

"WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG to by an Egg?"

Where did I hear that before, oh I said it myself a few years back.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

GG
    ·
  • csrcsr Posts: 27
    Never heard of Batch 19, but now I know. Not offered here in Dallas, but I will seek it out if I'm ever in a city that offers it. I will let you know if I'm jealous for not being privy to this brew.

The great thing about the Egg is it's not a local thing and you can get it anywhere!
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 199
    Batch 19 is a preprohibition lager made by Coors, still has a limited (like 5 cities) distribution. A co-worker of mine brought me a six-pack back from Denver last week. One sip, and I started thinking about firing up the homebrewery and making 10 gallons of my Franklin Lager!
    ·