Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time smokin' butts!

Options
lwrehm
lwrehm Posts: 381
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished pulling 15 lbs of pork butts, sitting back with a cold Batch 19 to celebrate!

14.5 hours (finished at 190 internal) on the egg at about 225-240, and the BGE worked like a charm. Sure beats the old Brinkman SnP. Plenty of charcoal left for the next cook. In the SnP I would have used a whole 20lb bag of Grove.

Looking forward to the sandwiches, tacos, and enchiladas that will soon be the new home for the pork.

I'm about 2 months into my BGE, and I love this thing, nothing better for brats! (I'm a 20 minute drive from Johnsonville so I KNOW my brats). Next big event will be a brisket, and I can't wait!

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG to by an Egg?

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

"WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG to by an Egg?"

Where did I hear that before, oh I said it myself a few years back.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

GG
  • csr
    csr Posts: 27
    Options
    Never heard of Batch 19, but now I know. Not offered here in Dallas, but I will seek it out if I'm ever in a city that offers it. I will let you know if I'm jealous for not being privy to this brew.

The great thing about the Egg is it's not a local thing and you can get it anywhere!
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    Batch 19 is a preprohibition lager made by Coors, still has a limited (like 5 cities) distribution. A co-worker of mine brought me a six-pack back from Denver last week. One sip, and I started thinking about firing up the homebrewery and making 10 gallons of my Franklin Lager!