Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Concret Kitchen Counter tops?

JohnBJohnB Posts: 179
edited 11:21PM in EggHead Forum
We're in the process of renovating part of our kitchen. Does anyone have any experience with concrete countertops? We love the look but are a little concerned about how they would withstand stains from cooking oils, etc...

thanks,

John

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,187
    I just Googled Concrete Countertop Stains and got a lot of hits. This one explains it pretty good.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/countertops/will_concrete_countertops_stain.htm

Spring "The Soft Stuff Between A Rock And A Hard Place" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • JohnBJohnB Posts: 179
    Thanks -- I guess I'll need to check with the people giving us bids to see how they mix it and seal it.
  • tpc1tpc1 Posts: 54
    I am not sure who on the site did one for their egg. I am new around here but i remember seeing a post with the details of the construction. It was very impressive and looked great. Hopefully someone will jump in who knows. Good luck
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Ctredwell here on the forum does them. I've seen a few pics and they look nice
    I am not sure who on the site did one for their egg. I am new around here but i remember seeing a post with the details of the construction. It was very impressive and looked great. Hopefully someone will jump in who knows. Good luck