Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip

Options
tacodawg
tacodawg Posts: 335
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is the second Tri Tip I have cooked using Rich from Morro Bay's recipe that is posted on the Eggs By The Bay website. His technique sear at high then put back on seems to turn out an awsome piece of meat. This is very moist and plenty of flavor. Thank you Rich, anyone looking for a great tri tip recipe should give it a try
photo-17.jpg

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Glad you liked it.
  • tacodawg
    Options
    Untill your style of cooking and the egg I was not a big fan of tri tip. It seemed dry, now it is very moist and flavorful. Doing some ribs tomorrow for some friends then a pork butt Sunday to make pulled pork for some ABT's..
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Yep, I have tried it once, and it has a big future on our egg!

:woohoo: :cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    tacodawg: If you are only doing pulled pork for ABT's (as your post implies) save the effort. You can have extremely successful ABT's with taco meat, little smokies, leftover chicken, use your imagination....seriously. ABT's are the perfect capsule for leftovers! (I admit, we typically do ours with left over taco meat...and I won't cook a batch just to make ABT's) ;) ABT's are awesome, regardless of the filling it seems!! ;)
    Great looking Tri-Tip! (And you can even dice the leftovers of that, and put into ABT's!)
  • tacodawg
    Options
    It is more of an excuse to cook on the egg some more. Plus then I will have some lefover for more goodies.. it will be a small butt along with some ribs