Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quibids.com - Worth checking out

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Spring Hen ran across this site that makes it possible for anyone to buy big ticket items like 55" TVs and Nikon cameras for under $20 or less, much less. Try 20 cents. Even a Penney...

Check it out...

http://www.quibids.com/

We're probably going to sign up and may even bid on an item or two just to see if it really works. We've been watching it all day and apparently people are getting some really great deals.

Watch the video explaining how it works.

Spring "I Bid A Penney, And Another Penney, And Another Penney..." Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Leroy, I didn't check the link but most sites like that make there money by charging you every time you bid. Look here http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/quibids-com-reviews-is-quibids-a-scam/
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks Pat. I had a suspicion something was amiss. My first thought was that they could amass any number of bids from any number of bidders every second. Therefore, in only one minute (with only two bidders) they could get 60­­¢ X 2 X 60 seconds = $72.00 per minute. Add 10 more bidders and it would jump to $432.00 in one minute with only one of them getting credit for the bid but all being charged the 60¢ every second.

It didn't take me long to figure out where they were making their money.

I also suspect that they also bid on items that are getting no action. Bidding doesn't cost them anything but it will help drive up the price.

Anyway, we didn't sign up and darn sure won't do it now.

Spring "There's Always Another Way To Scam Someone" Chicken
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! A 'rip' for sure!!