Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Did my first pizza tonight

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 1,078
edited 2:47PM in EggHead Forum
First time I ever made pizza on a cooker. Actually made three pizzas tonight. Was not sure what to expect. Placesetter legs down, Stone, 600 dome temp. Got the dough from local pizza shop plus made one from Chef Tony from YouTube. Local pizza place was much better. The dough I made was good, just the local pizza shop was better. Here is the first pizza. It was successful since the wife and I loved it. Well it was really darn good.

IMAG0039.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    It is amazing how easy it really is.. congratulations I did my first also. Not worth the trouble to make my own dough yet..
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,770
    Looks really good and you cooked my kinda crust. ;) Congrats
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • HemikingHemiking Posts: 4
    I also did my first pizzas tonight. Plate setter and new 16" stone. (I already love this stone). Unfortunately I did not take the time to get the dome to 600°, but I put the first pizza on at 550°. The pizza took a little longer than expected, but it was very good, my girls loved it. The second pizza cooked much quicker due to the heat in the stone. I made my own dough and used freash basil, tomatoes and milk mozzarella. Tonight was an experimenal cook and I can't wait to do it again.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Looks delicious. :)
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Looks good! I did my first pizza last week. Used a pre-made crust. They came out very good, but they were perfectly round. Next I either make my own, or get some from a local pizza place. Want to have a more official Egg pizza look and I bet they taste great!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,583
    Looks great. What is the topping on that pie?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MICK13MICK13 Posts: 5
    how did the gasket hold up?
  • Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 1,078
    So far I do not see any problems in the gasket.

• Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 1,078
    Toppings were the wife's favorite. Ham, pineapple, and cheese. The others I made were ham, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, cheese.