Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

timely holiday poll, when do you cheese 'em

tjvtjv Posts: 3,241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did burgers and brats last night, well actually needed cheeseburgers. While the burgers grilled I thought, the cheese slices are gonna be way bigger than the burgers. Next thought was, if I put the cheese on the grilling burgers, I'm gonna end up with a cheesy grill mess. That did not excite me, can't brush off cheese easily.

xlwoo2burgers.jpg

Since, both hands were busy, one holding a cold beer, the other a turner, I had no way to make cheese slice modifications. Grilling at 102 outdoor temp, I'm not letting go of the cold one(s). My third thought was: I wonder how or when other folks make the change.....burger to cheeseburger. After serious contemplation and couple beer swigs, I concluded my options are:
A. add cheese on the grill and deal with the mess,
B. add cheese when I pull the burgers and hope it melts, or
C. add cheese when building the burger and it won't melt.

So, went plan B, when I pulled and plated the burgers I dropped on the cheese and foiled, letting the trapped burger heat melt the cheese. Here is how the cheeseburgers ended up.......well the lone leftover, the others looked just like it

xlwoo2burgers1.jpg

So when do you cheese............

t
www.ceramicgrillstore.com
ACGP, Inc.

Comments