Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:19 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not taking the magic sleep pills anymore and find myself up and about at a time when the magic pills would have me comfortably recharging. It's kinda like the old days, or nights, when I was making my rounds here at the Chicken Ranch.

So to make use of my time I started cleaning out some old files from my computer. I happened on this and thought I would pass it on. I don't recall the date I first posted it but it appears to be oddly current.

Say Goodnight Leroy...

Spring "One In A Bunch All By Myself" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Good morning Early Eggheads, or perhaps Late Eggheads for those inclined to be located a thousand or more earth miles from Texas.

Although I was snuggly plugged into the charging device I could not activate the dreamstate mode in spite of repeated surges by my yawnmaker. Not one to waste time I made a management decision to return to active duty.

I performed an inspection of the facility including the maintenance area. While there I took the liberty of releasing a small measure of biofluid which, in turn, lowered the pressure to tolerable limits. I also ran two quick tests of the exhaust system. Everything is in acceptable operating range at the moment.

I also explored the contents of the refrigeration unit to see if there might be a chilled substance that could entice my partially charged carcass to return to the charging station. While there I also performed the routine check of the illumination device. It was working fine but there was nothing inside the cavernous equipment that excited my palate.

Rodney Dangerbird noticed my earlier than usual foray and asked if I was perhaps, sleepwalking. I had never experienced such an interesting phenomenon and made a note in my memory cell to learn more about it. He said he saw it on the Oprah Show on the one-way audio/visual communication device called TV.

Apparently, this TV is very popular among carbon units in spite of its one-way communication nature. I am not trained in the area of one-way data transfer but I could see where such activity might be used to indoctrinate these humanoids into believing anything. HQ will definitely want to know more about this.

Being as though I'm up and about I may as well address some of Lt. Bob's inquiries. For example, he seems to have a need for information about one specific lifeform who responds to the name Molly Shark. I have no idea his intentions but I will attempt to supply as much information as I have readily available, most of which I have previously supplied. Perhaps he would like to make her an informant, a mole within the Egghead cult which appears to be gaining a large following. Perhaps he is recruiting her for an even more devious purpose, to teach our civilization the value of cooking and consuming plant and animal parts, and more specifically, cooking them on the Big Green Egg mentioned earlier in my reports. (Introduce a Hummmmm???) That's got to be it! After all, she excelled in a culinary contest in the windy area north of Texas which required the use of a heated Big Green Egg. Come to think of it, Chubby, another subject of Lt. Bob's inquiries, was also at the same event.

(Introduce another Hummmm!!! and Activate deep-thought process.) Yes! That's got to be it! I was there on special assignment and saw the two of them co-mingling on at least three occasions and I'm 96.3345% certain they were discussing formulas for creating consumable dishes on the Big Green Egg. It makes perfect sense to recruit two humanoids who openly conspire to create food items in a competitive venue. And it should also be noted that Chubby has been called "Chubby Love" on many occasions by both genders of humanoids. That would explain why Lt. Bob was inquiring into Chubby's penchant for female attention.

Now that my deep-thought mechanism is in full force, I wonder if Lt. Bob is not who he claims to be. How would he know of these two Egghead lifeforms if he was not there to see for himself? (Introduce another Hummmmm???) I best be careful as to how I treat these inquires from Lt. Bob. He may also be representing the Supreme Council.

(De-activate deep-thought) All this "thinking" has eroded my power supply and I must return to the charging station immediately. The 6/181 active participants will have to cover from here.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Investigate Everything" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments