Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much to cook for Eggfest

Options
Sailor71
Sailor71 Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm hoping fellow Eggfest cooks can help me out. I will be cooking for the first time at this years Niagara Eggfest. What I am not sure of is how much to cook. I know we are just cooking samples but is there a magic number of people we estimate for. I am planning and trying out my menu but not sure how much of each item to cook.

Thanks
Russell

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    The biggest mistake first time cooks make is to spend the entire Eggfest cooking and not having enough time to circulate.
  • Matty
    Matty Posts: 8
    Options
    Cook more than you think you'll need and you'll still have plenty of time to circulate!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Take one or two items and leave plenty of time to cruise and smooze. Figure on serving 50 or so portions per item. example, sausage can be cut into several slices for a sample, wings are a no brainer, pots of chili or beans is a good one for the newbie. Leave plenty of time to just eggjoy!
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I recently cooked an Eggfest for the first time and I'm guilty of not circulating! I missed out on a lot of great food by not venturing away from our cooksite. There were moments where I could have made the rounds but for some reason stayed put.

As for quantity, we had 4 items with 70-120 samples of each but we cooked on an XL. Admittedly, we probably went overboard.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA