Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wood chunks and termites

JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
edited 10:22AM in EggHead Forum
After cutting up a pecan log into chunks, I noticed a few termites in the plastic bag I put them in. Is soaking in water a good way to make sure I have removed them all or any other suggestions? Thanks
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    Might drown the termites. Why not just toss the wood on the fire and smoke them for appiteasers??
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    I was surprised to read how museums kill termites (or any other vermin) in old artwork: plain ol' CO2! If your wood is already bagged, I'd see if you can get some compressed CO2 and flood the bags and seal.
    I wouldn't trust water alone; wet wood is actually how termites smell wood.

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Just put a few toothpicks into the plastic bag with the wood chunks, leave the top open, and move the bag close to your neighbors house... This will take care of the problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Termites can pole vault and are very competitive. heheheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,377
    I'm with Richard. Who cares? Cook em up... more protein.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :laugh:
    ·