Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cleaning Grates in Oven?

PhotoProPhotoPro Posts: 47
edited 3:39PM in EggHead Forum
My self cleaning oven can turn any cook on or spilled organic matter into a fine dust in an hour. Has anyone tried cleaning your cooking grates in a self cleaning oven on the clean cycle?

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,295
    cleaning them? :huh:

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Other than a quick pass with a wire brush can't say I've ever cleaned them
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,490
    18 inch diameter large grid will not fit in either of my ovens. ovens are not deep enough. I do use the oval grid from the adjustable rig in the oven to create a raised grid set-up when roasting chickens, grid over foiled pan. Guess some habits are hard to break.......LOL.

t ACGP, Inc.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Now thats funny Tom :laugh:
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,490
    all the argon I sniff while welding must have me thinkin' crazy like....... :side: ACGP, Inc.
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,249
    I don't know why I would want to try that.
  • ron4fishron4fish Posts: 144
    Oven, What's an OVEN????? :laugh:
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    just get a really hot fire..... then whack it with a brass or steel wire brush... rr
  • I'm trying to figure out why you would ever want to do one in the oven, anyways????
  • DreggsDreggs Posts: 147
    Because my small will not reach 500°
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    PhotoPro wrote:
    My self cleaning oven can turn any cook on or spilled organic matter into a fine dust in an hour.

So can your Egg.