Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nomex on XLBGE

Oblio
Oblio Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Replacement going well so far thanks to video on FredsMusicandBBQ.com . Question: Should I trim the excess gasket hanging outside the egg? If so, when?

Thanks!

Note to self: DO NOT do this in 100 deg Ga weather :blush:

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    I would not bother. I think it would be hard to get a nice even cut and it is doing no harm.
  • Oblio
    Oblio Posts: 53
    Thanks, after fretting about a weak dollar bill pull on on side I decided to call it done and give it a try. One thing I noticed is that I need to open the vents much more to get my target low temp of 225. The probe is a bit higher (adj rig top vs. BGE grill) and I R&R'ed all ceramics to clean all ash out. Using the same lump, Royal Oak. I would expect higher temps at my normal vent settings after this. Perhaps I was getting much higher temps before because of my blown OEM felt gaskets and this is how it should work ?