Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Night Combo...

transversaltransversal Posts: 719
edited 4:59PM in EggHead Forum
My first use of my spider from CGS and first use of my CI grid, this combo went on and came off the Egg at the same time, both at 135* internal. Steamed fresh broccoli and a huge fresh garden salad made this a memorable, if simple, dinner. The King Salmon rubbed with Ragin River and the 24 ounce rib eye rubbed with Cow lick.

Thanks to Sparky for helping me fix my PhotoBucket settings. Pics from my phone cam......wish they were better.

District4-20110625-00004-1.jpg

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,834
    Picture looks fine. Cooks looks great. Sparky has helped solve a problem for me. Sparky is da man! :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now in Rowlett Tx
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Joan, were it not for him, that pic would not have been posted. Nice Egger (I am assuming it's a "he").

Was worrying that they would not reach temp at the same time, but they wound up gettin pulled together. Just lucked out, I guess.

Is it hot in Austin?
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,834
    We have had a couple of "cool" days...mid to high 90's. Much better than the 3 digit numbers we have been seeing.
    Large, small and mini now in Rowlett Tx
    Not pleasant here at all, Joan. It was hot enough to make you sick today. Not sure of the high temp, but enough to make me abandon my plans to clean both cars. What I wouldn't give for some football weather!!
  • How did we ever live without multiple EGGs :lol:

What temp was the dome with your plank on the CI spider?
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Nice cook....not surprised at all to hear that Sparky helped you. He, and others like him are the reason this forum is so great! ;)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice meal you have there. :P

Glad Sparky got you fixed up. ;)
    About 400* dome, DOW. Altho, my understanding that the temp at the CI level with a spider is considerably hotter. But it seemed perfect......it took just about 15 minutes to cook them both to 135* internal.......and both were cooked just the way we like them.
    Exactly, Elizabeth.........there are some really nice folks here....my only regret about egging is that I didn't begin it a whole lot earlier in life. But, better late than never.
    He's a nice guy, 2Fat.