Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Going to be a good weekend

Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
edited 4:44PM in EggHead Forum
My biggest decision is....
Which one of these is going in the Egg, and which one is going in the grinder for sausage...hmmmmm?? :laugh:
pulledporkvssausage.jpg

Better have a beer and think this one out :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Shane
·

Comments

• Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe? :laugh:
    Good luck with the cook and sausage.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,266
    Well just don’t get them confused :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Thanks Mark
    I am going to take this slowly, another beer or two and then I will decide :)

Have a great weekend

Shane
    ·
    :laugh: Hey Mickey
    Going to be tough :)

Shane
    ·
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    Why not put both in the egg?
    ·
    Hey brisket30
    All outta sausage :laugh:

Shane
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    The choice would be easy for me....have another beer and think some more!! :ohmy: Will be watching for the finished photos.... :laugh:
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    The one on the right has more fat, I'd use that one for grinding. Of course the fat throughout the meat really adds the flavor to the finished pulled pork.

Ok trim the excess fat off of the one on the right and cook it on the EGG, add the fat you trimmed to the one on the left and grind it.

Of course you could reverse that.
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    I'm goin left Egg, right Sausage. Just seems right. Deep us posted. :)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Grind them both and go get two more to smoke. :woohoo:
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    drink more beer..... have some brandy..... you'l never know who's who..... lol rr
    ·
    :laugh: After a few/lots of beer, I went with the best of the three and picked the one in the middle :woohoo:
    I saved the extra fat(Thanks Bobby-Q) and start grinding the other shoulder tomorrow.

Some pics
    The winner :)
    thewinner-1.jpg

Trimmed, skin for the puppies, fat for me :evil:
    trimmed.jpg

Ready for the Egg
    rubbedandready.jpg

Just put it on, see ya 21 hrs :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Shane
    ·