Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Infrared Thermometer - Pretty Cool

2»

Comments

• I find it handy for checking grid temp when doing a sear, but you're right, it's more fun than useful in my book.
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,677
    You have limited imagination...

The instructions are quite clear about keeping the laser beam out of people's eyes. I take that to mean it can damage or destroy the eye. The eye is over 1" in size. A fly is less than 1/4" in size. Therefore, a fly can become the object of a 'search and destroy' mission while you are doing nothing else while your meat cooks.

You're welcome.

Spring "There's Always More Than One Use For Everything" Chicken
    ·
    Oh yea! I guess you can do that too.

Spring "No Limits To Thinking" Chicken
    ·
    I was curious to see if it read 'thru' water or 'surface' temperature of water. I pointed it down into my spa and compared it to the control panel reading. 1° difference. And that could have been due to me measuring from 2' away instead of 1' away.

I like it...

Spring "Fun Is Where You Create It" Chicken
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Certainly cheap enough for another fun toy. What's the distance ratio? 6:1? 12:1?
    ·
    Looks to be 8:1, but I'm not good at reading instructions or specs. So here's a picture of the page that covers those kinds of details.

InfraredThermometerManual.jpg

I just put ribs on and played with it to see how cold/warm/hot everything was. Seems to work well but what do I know? I just work here.

Spring "I Play With Toys" Chicken
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Cool as he!! Leroy. Not only do they have many uses their fun to use and possibly save you money by fixing air leaks...have fun. ;)
    ·