Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sunrise and Brisket Enchiladas

Desert Oasis WomanDesert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited 11:59PM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday's sunrise was intense!
As viewed from just outside the master bath ;)

f4af668d.png

5b21a7b0.png

c2669c20.png

Ku cooked a brisket this past weekend, so I decided to make some Brisket Enchiladas, New Mexican Style (stacked) for dinner last night.

Softened and processed 3 oz Ancho chiles + 3 small fresh cayenne peppers from the garden. Added salt, a generous portion of toasted garlic granules and dried oregano, and a few dashes of cinnamon and cocoa. Matchstick cut 6 strips brisket (flat and point). Mixed together in fine Mexican pottery and indirect on LBGE at 400F dome for about 1.5 hours.

f731a8ad.png

ed853469.png

Stacked in shallow bowl: sauce, local fresh corn tortillas, red onion, and "white melting cheese" from tortillaria. Ku had to have some black beans on the side ;)

8a0130be.png

02089985.png

044a372d.png

Finished with #5 of 7 Flax Seed Oil seasoning of the pan we have dubbed "Lake Conroe Pan" in honor of Lake Conroe Egger and the Mrs., who pumped out some fantastic fare on this (same type)baby!

0434e2f5.png

Lower 100s, grey skys (smoke, not rain clouds) :(

Enjoy your day!

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great sunrise pics DOW
    That is a very tasty looking meal
    Nice job on the cast iron, flax is amazing for seasoning

Shane
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,638
    What a great way to start your morning.
    Looks very good DOW.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Sunrise does not compute. The food looks great, however. :)
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,568
    Don't look now but I think there's a chicken in your yard ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Kari it all looks Delicioso y Fantástico Felicidades!!! Having a majestic thunderstorm right now, thank God for the much needed rain
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Looks like the dawning of another warm one in God's Country! Nice looking grub, Sweetie.

Mike
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nice cook Kari!
  • EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    n/m
  • I'm eager to check out this Flax Seed treatment, too. This is certainly a lot longer process with a new piece of cast iron than Ku or I have done in the past, but we trust our mentor, Lake Conroe Egger on this one! May have to re-season a few pieces of other cast iron if this works well B)
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    oh my god...
    I just can imagine these...
    They should be one of the best enchiladas in the world
    great great job