Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to reheat Brisket

Options
Blackhawk Pilot
Blackhawk Pilot Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I usually just used the microwave, but I have a couple hours and about 3 lbs of uncut brisket.

I am cooked some beans on the eggs with some Jack Daniels chips at around 250. Should I put the foil wrapped brisket on the egg as well? Just trying to mix it up and prevent drying out the meat in the microwave.

Thanks.

Casey

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    For 3 lbs, back on the egg wrapped in foil is probably the best route.
    Tonight, I'm eating the last of my first rack of spareribs and a whole artichoke; I'll be wrapping the ribs in foil and steaming them above the artichoke in my double-boiler (works well for one or two servings).

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Blackhawk Pilot
    Options
    Cool. Appreciate the info. Does 30 minutes sound about right?
  • Blackhawk Pilot
    Options
    Well,

Seems I cannot fit the brisket and the pot of beans on the medium at the same time. I have the plate setter in and am too lazy to take it out.

Brisket is going in a warm oven. We'll see how that goes.

Looks like I have yet another excuse to convince my wife it is time to upgrade to the Large Egg.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I like leftover brisket, sliced and heated over low/med in a covered saute pan with a little beef broth.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    one time I made a brisket with the dp red eye express.

I wrapped it in foil with a little bit of coffee and threw it on the 2nd rack of the gasser at my dads place while cooking other food.

wrapped with some liquid in the oven will also be ok.
    context is important :)