Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf Temp

Bubba's dad
Bubba's dad Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have asked the question before but came up with a little trouble recently. I was told smoked meatloaf internal temp of the meat should be 160 and then it is done. The last time I pulled it at 160 it was a little pink in the middle. Anyone have any other temp ideas

Thanks

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    You could try cooking it longer... maybe up the temp till you find what you like.
  • Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    I cook mine 350 dome and pull about 180 because I have pork in mine. Hope this helps
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Well 160° is the minimum recommended doneness for ground beef, veal or pork... so even if you use a mix of ground meats in your meatloaf you are ok there.

The one thing that you don't want is to dry out a meatloaf, and much above 160° will risk that.... but once the eye tells the brain that it's pink (this happens most often with smoked chicken) it's hard to change the brains mind (pardon the pun, heheheee).

I'm curious how long you let your meatloaf rest? If you cut into it too soon, the center will be pink.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery