Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin Roast

Options
Love Handles
Love Handles Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a 5lb pork loin roast and am looking for a different way to egg it. Any ideas? Thanks & See-Yaa P.S. 90 degrees here in Arizona today. Riding the Harley this afternoon.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    LoveHandles, This one is a winner, Mike, but simple - just don't tell people when they pile the praise on ya! Ron

[ul][li]Raspberry Chipotle[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    LoveHandles,[p]Not that I'm biased about this but I jellyroll cut mine and stuff it with this and it tastes great. Put some basic BBQ rub on the outside or some olive oil and itailan seasonings, whatever suits your fancy.[p]Troy
    [ul][li]Chutney Filling[/ul]
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    There was an interesting question on the linked post. Is it alright to reuse the marinade that the tenderloin had been in if it's boiled and reduced before you reuse it?

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    cbs,
    I have reused the sauce in that fashion both times I have fixed it and have had no problem. I know Mike does too.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • LoveHandles,
    I just posted this on another forum - copied and pasted it here for you - just replace the word offset with BGE...[p]This has become one of my favorite cuts of meat, and as a result have done 2 in as many weeks...[p]I'm not sure about an offset - I used a rotiserie with the following method:[p]I cut a hole in the cryovac bag the roast is sealed in, and poured off any excess liquid in the bag - I then replaced the poured off "juice" and replaced it with 1-2 cups of Irish Whiskey (can't stand drinking the stuff anymore) and the juice of 4-5 limes.
    I let this sit overnight (the meat goes a pale white/grey color as it cooks a little in the marinade) make sure to keep this in the fridge. I only cut a small hole in the bag, and as a result was able to re-seal with my foodsaver.[p]The next morning I drain all the liquid, and pat the meat dry.[p]I then apply a rub (I would think the pork rub of your choosing would work) - the first time I used a rub of kosher salt, brown sugar, and cumin - lots of cumin - the second time I used less salt, lots of brown sugar - paprika - cayene - some chipotle chilli powder - and a little cumin - I then let sit in the fridge all day and let sit at room temp for about 40 min. before putting to the flame.[p]I set it on the rotiserie and took it off at 150 then let stand for about 15 - 20 minutes wrapped in foil and a towel. - Although the end product I got was moist and tender - I would recommend pulling closer to 140 - 145 to be safen (you definately don't want this to over cook and dryout).[p]Good luck and have fun - what a great cut of meat!!!
    Cndn Mike[p]