Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Recipe Help!!

DougDoug Posts: 132
edited 2:01PM in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a nice recipe for mango salsa to put on swordfish I'm doing on the EGG Thursday. Anyone have anthing along these lines?? I had a delicious mango salsa on some fish about six months ago at a restauruant. thought I'd try some. Thanks for the help. From the Coast of Maine!!

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,400
    Doug,
    Not sure if it is what you are lookin for, but Thrill of the Grill, Schlesinger and Willoughby) has a good lookin recipe. Sounds like it would be great with swordfish.[p]Mango-Lime Chile Sauce:
    1 1/4 cup lime juice (about 10 limes)
    1 mango, diced
    2 tablespoons minced fresh red or green chile peppers
    2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
    salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.[p]Looks dang good.[p]Please let us know what you end up with.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Doug,
    Found this one.

[ul][li]Another choice[/ul]
  • Hey Doug. Here is another one from "Fish: Mark Bittman".[p]Mango Onion Relish:
    2 mangoes chopped
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    juice of 2 limes
    2 tbs fresh chopped cilantro
    slat/fresh cracked pepper.[p]Sound like a bit more kick to it with the onions.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,400
    JJ,
    That one sounds great with the other additional herbs.
    Makin me hungry. Time to go find sopme fresh mangos.
    Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Nature Boy,
    I cheated and looked that one up on Web Ferret. Chris don't tell anyone though.

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Doug,[p]Swordfish is a favorite of mine (as a midwesterner that means I eat it once or more a year) and I would love to see you post some pictures and results of whatever you try. Yell if you need help with the pictures - I would love to see what you do.[p]Tim
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    JJ,[p]Ahh, that explains the red background cell color. I though you had been practicing doing <font size="6" color="#007F00">HTML</font>.[p]Tim
  • JJ,
    I won't tell. That fresh mint in the recipe probably makes a great addition. You know all about mint!![p]Is WebFerret a search engine?? webferret.com?