Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally

Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
edited 12:58AM in EggHead Forum
After a long harrowing process my web site is finally up and running. There are a bunch of features that I hope you will find pretty cool. There is one class listed but it is not a real class so please don't register for it. I actually turned off part of the payment form so you can't register for it.

There is also a built in social community which if we all use it can be a lot of fun. It's like our own personal Facebook. You can also post videos there as well as all the photos you want. You can create groups, set up events, like and dislike friends and there is even a points system in place so you can earn points for doing more things and earn valuable and exciting prizes...prize values to be determined at a later date.

Of course there is a forum as well. I am not trying to lure you away from this forum as I won't be leaving this forum myself. It's just another place you can go and ask and answer questions and give and take recipes and post pictures and generally hang out. This will always be the primary forum but now you can supplement if you feel the need.

Now that the site is up and running I will hopefully be having a class in your neighborhood soon. Please check it out, hang out with us and drop a note in the socail area or on the forum.

http://chefcresap.com

Comments

• chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    What is the website address? Thanks.
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,293
    It's invite only and you and I aren't invited, ha ha.

Just kidding, I'm sure he'll post it asap.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • triehle98triehle98 Posts: 208
    chefcresap.com
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I registered but then if I go to forums or social, it asks me to relog in with my fb acct but if I click on that, I just get 'facebook connect' and nothing else. What'm I doing wrong?
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Do you have to be FB registered to use the Social side of your site?

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Just signed on. Looks great, Bobby. Congratulations!

Mike
  • LoisLaneLoisLane Posts: 94
    Congrats on the new site.

I was poking around there a bit yesterday & then signed up this morning on break but didn't want to be the first one to post in response to your Welcome message, since ya don't know me. I did post a question via the feedback form this morning and am please to say a techie gentleman got back with me very promptly to take care of the situation.

When I move from the Home page to the Class Calendar page, I see one class listed for in Marietta. Are you saying that is a fake class ? Cuz when I click on the Forum page and THEN click on the Classes page (slightly different title), there are 2 classes showing. The Marietta one, and the "Biggest BBQ Class Ever".

I presume THAT is the fake one ? Shucks, I was curious to see if you were going to offer an all weekend marathon BBQ class sometime. :woohoo:
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    That classes menu is a ghost image that comes from the links on the forum page. It was just a test page. I'm getting it fixed.

Sorry about the confusion.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great news Bobby!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Bobby, the Facebook signup doesn't appear to be working if you go to the forum section....

Thanks!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Appears one has to have an existing FB account.

• Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    I just used my Google account and everything is working good
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Doug, it went right through using an old yahoo acct. but I had the same problem with Facebook
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Got it. Thanks Bobby. Tim :)
    There was a slight issue with Facebook but I believe he has worked it out now, if not he will get to it as soon as he can. (He being the guy that I pay for the forum)
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I do, but when you click on the icon, nothing happens.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,898
    Congrats Bobby Just registered
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,988
    Can't register for the Forum. On the Express Sign Up Page, I chose Google, and it says my gmail account is verified; I don't have a gmail account, even with Google.

When I put in my user name (all letters), I get this: "Letters, numbers and underscore only," in red.

At the bottom, the Register button is grayed out so I can't use it.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Judy in San Diego
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Judy if they let me in anyone can get in :whistle:
    Bobby has a guy running part of it and I'm sure he will get you set.
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,988
    Pat...they let you in because you're the funniest man in Florida. Me? They're gonna make me work for it.
    Judy in San Diego
    No. You can register on the site without using FB.
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Looking nice Bobby.