Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Change

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Change for simply the sake of change is not good
Change that detracts value is not good
Change that adds value is good

Hopefully when the change is made (if it is made) value will be added and we'll all hold hands and sing Kumbaya

Analogies that probably don't work here :(
You get a 10% raise - nice change - adds value :laugh:
You get a 1/2% raise - what!? - not really adding value - not good :(
You get a reduction - NOT GOOD AT ALL! :angry:

Forward pass completed - adds value :)
Forward pass incomplete - no value added :(
Forward pass intercepted for TD - detracts value - :pinch:

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Frank did you get your red and yellow pill mixed up this morning?

Just kidding my friend :laugh:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    Well put! To many people use "change" as a means to justify a position or a job. My opinion is simple- Change is bad, change is always bad. :laugh: And what is this Kumbaya song everyone is referencing? :blink:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I think you are on to something Mickey B)
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Took 2 of the little "blue" guys by mistake this morning and everything here is up & up!! 8 - )
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Much enacted in corporate American and justified under the premise that "change is good" is really a disaster cloaked in the misleading trappings of a well adorned gift.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I guess I have been away for a few days or more...stoopid work and stuff. I checked today and see all these threads about the forum changing. People seem to be up in arms about it.

I do love this place...but it is the members that make it so good! If the user interface changes a little, I can't see what the big deal is.

There may be some good things:
    1) hybrid "threaded" and flat view.
    2) Easier to post pics and links
    3) Most importantly...more emoticons! :woohoo: :P :laugh: :);)B)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.