Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After Foiling Ribs

Options
nodock
nodock Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After foiling some st. louie rib I want to put thme back to finish...can I put them in an inverted V rack and if I can at what temp and how long....also....sauce or no>>>>>thanks one and all...

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I've never used a v rack, so I am not the most qualified to answer, but I would assume so.

When I do ribs and foil them, afterwards I put them back on at the same temp as I have been doing the whole cook. Generally 250.

Sauce is a personal choice. Some like it, some don't. I may or may not sauce them depending on the crowd I am feeding and how I am feeling that day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    you can put them back on after the foil, trick is to get them tender and not falling apart in the foil which is the tricky part with foiling ribs. if not foiled long enough they need more time on the grill, if foiled too long, they fall apart, time is not consistant from cook to cook with foiling, you have to watch them
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Saucing and putting ribs vertical usually doesn't work out well. Think gravity.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    While the ribs are in the foil you want to lay them on the grid meaty side down...the point in foiling is that the meat is actually braising in the liquid..and I agree with Fishless..to long and they are falling apart, to short and they arent as tender..try 45 minutes your first time than back on the grill out of the foil to firm them back up some..
  • fishlessman
    Options
    this was my brothers cook, he foils first for about 2 hours then smokes them a couple hours until done and saucing. notice he did these direct

DSC_0062.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I knew it wasn't yours. That egg has a gasket :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    and it's clean! and it has has accessories in it that must be purchased and not found at the local dump. :woohoo:
  • fishlessman
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• nodock
    nodock Posts: 26
    Options
    a pix is worth a 1000 something....thanks,,,,do you know the temp?....they look like my st. louie's...my inverted V does about samething.....thanks....