Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Petrified Protien and maple/butta scallops...

HossHoss Posts: 14,587
edited 2:13PM in EggHead Forum
52 day commando dry aged ribeye.I think I PERSONALLY prefer 35-45 day ribeye and 21-28 day strips.I would not recommend dryaging other,leaner cuts of beef.Wet age those.Just MY opinion. :) There was a little fuzzy green mold on one end,I trimmed that off but that is the ONLY trimming I did.

100_4196.jpg

100_4197.jpg

100_4200.jpg

100_4201.jpg

Scallops...

100_4193.jpg

100_4198.jpg

100_4199.jpg

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,951
    Very nice steaks...Looks so good.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Hoss ... Man that looks good! I haven't had scallops in a long time and I need to fix that soon.
  • Scallops from Sam's? That is where I got mine.

Suggestion from an egger at Salado (don't remember name) was to put them between some paper towels for a few hours in the fridge to dry them out a bit, change the paper towels and pat dry before grilling. I have done that the last few cooks and find they come out a lot better. Seared in a little bacon fat :) at 550 dome.

IMG_7314800x600.jpg

IMG_7326800x600.jpg
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080
    Those steaks and scallops look great, Hoss. Someday, maybe, I'll convince the wife to let me dry age a hunk of beef.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    That all looks terrific! You are making me hungry :) :cheer: