Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Modern day televangelists

PawpawEgg
PawpawEgg Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So let me understand this. This forum is going to close down and a only a select few know when it will happen. Those are stirring up their followers by saying the new place will not be as good as here. Kind of reminds me of the guy who predicted the end of the world and then realized he made a mistake. I guess it will end sometime but to put a date and time on is speculation at best. Did I figure this right?

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Only the powers that be at BGE know when it will happen. As I explained in the e-mail I sent you it is just going to change and it will be up to the individuals to decide if they like it or not. If you had joined a month from now I imagine you would be going to the new forum and would never know the difference.

There are options for those who don't like the new forum.
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Why screw with it? The most active, friendly forum around, AND THEY WANT TO SCREW WITH IT??? I don't get it. :angry::sick:
  • eggtopia
    eggtopia Posts: 91
    What about the content? What will happen to the previous posts/recipes?

I haven't heard anything about this before. Do I need to start saving info?
  • jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Hi,

This forum is closing? I am still new here but already consider it a valuable resource.

Will there be any sort of advanced notice and will they notify existing users of the new url?

Or will it be the same url just set up in a new way?

I am also curious about all the content here - what will happen with that?
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Same URL just a different set up I imagine.

No clue about the content and the archives. This is proprietary software and if that glimpse we got is the new forum, then it is canned software and porting everything will be an adventure in moving to say the least.

This forum will just change, along with the rest of the world.