Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gasket replacement after first use??

texio12texio12 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I fired up my new large BGE yesterday for the first time. I had the temp holding at about 425 for about 20 minutes cooking some chicken breasts and the gasket started coming off the back rim of the lid and the base (where the two ends of each strip come together). I took the temp up to 650 to sear some steaks and noticed that the gasket on the back of the lid was hanging off about 1". Is this normal? It appears that the lid and the base rub just slightly when the gasket is in place, which may be what caused the pieces to come loose under the heat. I wouldn't expect this too happen at these temps...Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to prevent it from happening after I replace the gasket? TIA!

Matt