Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Two Butt Questions

jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anybody ever cooked a small butt? One that has been cut into smaller hunks.

I might pick up a 3 lb piece of shoulder since time is not on my side and I am not cooking for a crowd.

Will the results be the same?

For my second question - does anybody have a recipe for a good sweet sauce for pulled pork? Would this me 'Memphis Style'?

I am debating just thinning out my normal molasses based sauce but am thinking it might be a little too intense (spiced) for pulled pork.
·

Comments

• Essex CountyEssex County Posts: 990
    I've done smaller pieces of butt before. The upside is that you get more bark. But the 2 hour per pound rule doesn't apply to a piece that small though. You'll need more time to do a true low and slow.
    ·