Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blackened Salmon

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 1:48PM in EggHead Forum
I have done a lot of blackened fish, but this is the first time I have made blackened salmon and it was excellent. This was cooked at about 625, with a 5 minute preheat on the pan. I cooked it 2 1/2 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side.

I sauteed some fresh corn and added a caprese salad and we had a really enjoyable meal.

102_3572.jpg

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,565
    Wow! I love blackened fish, never thought about salmon. Thanks for the pics. Everything looks really good
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    Looks mighty good :)
  • Looks great. Any particular pan you used? Color looks great.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    I use a castiron skillet.
  • That's great. I've got one of those. I like the color. I will defiantly try 625 on my next salmon
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,432
    Thanks for the Blackened Salmon recipe! Your salmon looks delicious and now I'd like to try this after seeing your cook. Great idea to change up the Friday night fish fry's we have. Last Friday was maple/butter glazed Copper River salmon. First thing to do is pick up blackened fish seasoning, the cast iron pan I already have. I'm getting hungry already! :lol:
  • That looks real good :woohoo:

Did you make your own blackening spices?
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Desert Oasis Woman wrote:
    That looks real good :woohoo:

Did you make your own blackening spices?

I use Paul Prudhomme's seasoning.