Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cpt'n Cook runs aground

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 1:42PM in EggHead Forum
This day in 1777, Captain James Cook, commander of the British ship Endeavour discovered the Great Barrier Reef of Australia by running into it.

This day in 2011 I am making Pizza, oh well :whistle:

• MusicMan78MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    This morning, Dave from Saline, after drinking too much Capt Morgan last night, discovers the Big Freaking Hangover after he wakes up on the couch!

true story :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hope your day goes better then his did Cpt'n! :laugh:

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,735
    If you shoot something, claim that what you hit was your intended target.

I suppose if you're intent on discovering something, the Great Barrier Reef would be a good choice.

I would just record in my ship's log that, "I went looking for the Great Barrier Reef and found it."

Spring "Intention Is The Fuel Of Discovery" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
    Legend has it that Sam Lord 'found' many things in the Caribbean using his antics, but spent his last days back in England with an iron ball chained to his neck. For instance, he would hang lanterns in coconut trees to lure ships unpon the reefs when they thought they'd sighted town. Then he'd raid them and make off with the booty.. Sam Lord's Castle on the Island of Barbados (resort hotel) was named after him..
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Ah yes, called "wrecking" that was a popular pastime/vocation throughout the carribean and as well as the Florida Keys :) :)